Monday, April 26, 2010

Quilting

I spent some time over the weekend playing with some fabrics that I purchased at the AQS Quilt Show that Mom and I went to in 2004 in Paducah, Kentucky. The fabrics are a bright combination of pinks, yellows, and oranges. I'm concerned that the quilt will be too "peachy" especially with the slashing that I've chosen. I may have to make a trip to the fabric store to find something that will provide some contrast. (The camera really helps drive this point home!)

I also gathered fabrics to create a pickle dish quilt that is featured on the cover of Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance, a book that I found at my local library. This quilt will feature some of the batiks that I've collected over time.


Although the pattern looked difficult, I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised at the outcome.




Here is 1/2 of a "pickle dish."




Only 71 to go!




This one may take a while. The dishes are the easy part. Stitching in the corners and the center will be more time consuming and challenging.


Let the fun begin.



























2 comments:

  1. I think it looks awesome! I know Kaffe Fassett's knitting designs rock - so it doesn't surprise me that his quilting designs are super too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i've been clicking on your link for 4 months now - and i'm FINALLY rewarded with something new! and wow, they're both gorgeous! i think the extra peachy look is very nice just the way it is - which probably means it's not (since i don't have a good 'eye' for these things.)

    i'm starting to sort out all my island stuff now - all laid out in the guest bedroom. 15 days according to my countdown!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete