Sunday, April 17, 2011

Neocolor II Inpatien Flowers

I picked the follow picture to try out my new Neocolor II watersoluble pastels: First, I converted the image using Adobe Photoshop Elements. Then, I printed the image onto a piece of cotton fabric that was ironed to a sheet of freezer paper and trimmed to 8.5 x 11 inches. This was the first time I made my own printer ready fabric and it worked well. I was motivated to try it when I realized that I could make my own for pennies versus purchasing it for approx $5 per sheet especially when I already had cotton and freezer paper on hand. Next, the ink-jet printed image was heat-set using the iron.
Next, I began coloring the image using the pastel pencils.
I used a variety of colors in an attempt to add depth. A paint brush was used to blend the colors.
One flower colored & blended.

After coloring the flowers, I colored the background & continued touching up the flowers.


Once I'm satisfied with the colored picture, I'll brush it with water to brighten it up. But first, I may add some more color to darken up the background to add more contrast. Hopefully, it'll get alot brighter to come close to the original picture.


I'm not sure what this project will end up as but it's been fun so far.

2 comments:

  1. hey - i need to set an alert so i'll see your stuff right away! so, have you decided what you'll do with it yet? love, k

    ReplyDelete