Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thinking of Spring

I enjoy following a blog called "May Your Bobbin Always Be Full." Recently, after reading the blog, I was inspired to use some of the art supplies that I've collected over the years. http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/search/label/Neocolors%20II?updated-max=2011-04-01T18%3A26%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20 Also, this provided a good excuse to use one of my many flower pictures. I chose a picture of some lollipop gerber daisies from my yard a couple of years ago. I downloaded a trail copy of Photoshop Elements and converted the image to a line drawing.
Next, the image was printed using the laser jet printer. I heat transfered the image to cotton fabric and then colored it using water soluble oil pastels.

After everything was colored, I used water and texture medium to blend the colors.Here's the finished flower. Next, I'll focus upon coloring the background. Then, it'll be time to quilt it.
Fun way to spend a cloudy day and get ready for spring!






2 comments:

  1. hey! yes, that's very pretty! be sure to post the quilted finished product. (oh, and saying you have alot of flower photos is just an understatement no matter how you look at it!!)

    love, k

    ReplyDelete